Kish at a Glance
Kish is a mesmerizing coral island located in the Persian Gulf with an area about 90 Km. Kish Island is 18 Km off Iran’s southern coast. Kish has been chosen as a home by 82% of its population during recent years. Currently, the population of Kish is about 20,000.
Kish is known as the pearl of the Persian Gulf. Kish Free Zone is the pioneer of free zones in Iran and with more than 50 hotels and residential complexes is the host of thousands of tourists daily.
Kish International Airport is one of the busiest airports in Iran. Number of daily flights easily reaches 108 daily. Various cities in Iran and also Middle East are the destination of these flights. In addition, maritime transport lines in Kish island with daily schedule and improvement of passenger terminals have faced drastic developments, in general, a vast number of tourists and businesspeople travel to Kish Island through the sea.
Geographical location, unique environment, numerous tourist attractions, various shopping centers, complexes and embracing all features of a green and healthy island has turned Kish into a relaxing and recreational destination for tourists and businesspeople.
Kish port enjoys annual warehousing and product unloading capacity of 3.5 million tons, admission capacity of 730000 passengers entering and exiting during a year as well as hosting vessels with a maximum tonnage of 12000 tons. This capacity will be increased to 7 million tons in the future with the possibility of hosting 35000-ton vessels.
Kish International Airport is one of the most active and economic Iranian airports and stands in the fourth rank in terms of volume of flight operations and transporting passengers. This airport provides regular flights to 19 domestic tracks including Tehran, 16 provincial centers and 2 state free and economic zones. Furthermore, some development measures are to be taken regarding increasing the number of domestic tracks. Additionally, this airport connects Kish Island to the worldwide transportation system through international tracks of Dubai, Turkey, Iraq as well as other countries. It should be noted that the specialized terminal of Kish International Airport with a capacity of 4 million passengers per year will be utilized by 2019.
Kish urban transportation system has created a wide coverage across the island by providing different roads and paths. Public transportation services are provided by three types of line taxis (in yellow) with 128 vehicles, telephone taxi (in white) with 542 vehicles and (in black) known as London Taxi with 30 vehicles totally for 700 vehicles, in addition to 79 minibuses. Ring project in width of 75m and in length of 27 Km (named as Persian Gulf Highway) has had a large impact on developing Kish intercity transportation infrastructures, going around the island.
Unique advantages of Kish free zone
– Numerous tourist attractions
– No need to visa for foreign visitors
– High level of social security and peace and low rate of social disorders
– Green island with the least amount of environmental pollutants
– The possibility of transit goods to central Asia and neighboring countries
– Access to world waterways
– Strategic situation and closeness to Asalooyeh oil zones
– Independent airlines and shipping lines with the ability to carry vehicles
– Appropriate intercity transportation facilities
– Energy resources (gas fuel) independent from the mainland
– An active financial system including stock exchanges, banks, and monetary and financial entities
– Local residents and cheap workforce compared to the neighboring countries
Kish economy has encompassed a wide range of economic compositions in the country. Among the most important fields of Kish economy, one can find business interactions, tourism, industrial production and investments in the services sector. Like other Iranian Free Zones, Kish Island proposes incentives for foreign investment, including tax breaks, simplified procedures for exports and imports and the possibility of one hundred percent foreign ownership which is not available on the mainland, is a valuable destination for the presence of investors and economic activists.
Advantages & Infrastructures of Economic Activities in Kish Free Zone
– 20-year tax exemption for any kind of activity
– Legal guaranty and support for foreign investment
– Company registration with 100% foreign ownership
– The activity of foreign stock exchange and product, oil and petrochemicals exchange
– Exemption from customs duties for importing raw materials and industrial machinery for manufacturing units
– The possibility of transit goods to central Asia and neighboring countries with a population of more than 400 million people
– The possibility to send produced goods on Kish Island to the mainland under the framework of added value system.
– Exporting products abroad without customs and port duties
– Low commercial interest for importing products to the country through Kish Island
– Free entering and exiting for capital principal and interest of foreign origin
– Laying the groundwork for presence and activity of knowledge-based and innovative companies in Kish Growth and Innovation Center
– Hosting vessels with a capacity of 12000 tons presently and 35000 tons in the future
– Development of Kish air transport infrastructure in the near future
– Initiation of the international stock exchange in Kish Free Zone in the near future